Dependability And Consistency In Medical Lighting Is A Must.
When dealing with critical patients, first class visibility is a must. The use of top-notch medical equipment and technology for continuous monitoring of patients in the ICU and HDU calls for the best lighting to be available. In addition, light perception happens both consciously and subconsciously. A physician actively caring for a patient will be hyper focused on the task at hand, and many not be immediately aware of a slow degradation to environmental lighting. Any loss in visibility or tissue color differentiation could affect treatment and performance. This is why it is of utmost importance to have first class visibility in any medical environment.
"woman-child-doctor-hospital" Pixabay CC0
LED Medical Lighting Offers Increased Comfort And Empathy In Gynecology.
Examinations and treatments in the field of gynecology require a unique level focus while also supporting a feeling of safety and privacy for the patient. Since the patient is the main focus, it is important for them to feel as relaxed as possible. The choice of lighting is very important in helping realize this. There is a need during these procedures for production of a specific light wavelength to achieve the most accurate CRI. LED lighting has the ability to reproduce color much better than other forms of lighting, for the most accurate tissue color view for the physician. It is also important for heat not to be produced at the point of illumination for the comfort of the patient, a key benefit of using LED lighting.
Ultra Light LED Technology Means More Comfort For The Physician.
Adequate lighting plays an important comforting role in surgery. Experts believe that correct lighting helps create a sense of comfort with the patient, which ultimately helps them to be calmer on the surgeon’s table. On the surgeon’s side, LED headlights are instrumental in reproduction of accurate colors and without extra heat generation. Adequate light also helps the surgeon to concentrate fully on the mentally and physically demanding task at hand, which may increase the success rate of delicate medical procedures.
LED Medical Headlights Support Improved hygienic Practice.
Harmful germs and bacteria spread pretty fast, with most reproducing within 20 minutes of being left on untreated material. Using LED lights that have antimicrobial sanitized functionality in the luminary housing goes a long way to ensure germs are kept at bay. Studies have shown that this function can help to kill 99% of germs and bacteria. LED lights are often designed with a higher grade of seal given their cool operation and can usually be easily cleaned by use of spray disinfection.
LED medical Lighting Can Better Facilitate Multitasking.
The medical practitioner or surgeon needs sufficient lighting in order to carry out a myriad of tasks. For instance, doctors need light for examining a patient, treatment of the patient, and even working on preparing and inspecting tools and procedural materials and detailed records. LED lights are adjustable, bright enough or dim enough to help the physician carry out multiple tasks without the need of secondary lighting. Since LED lights are almost maintenance free, the surgeon can concentrate on their work without worrying about faulty lighting.
We always want to be as critical as possible, but when the situation warrants kudos we have to confess: BFW has nailed it! We Are Impressed and Here’s Why:
- For a very bright High-Intensity LED portable headlight system Daymark actually eliminates the weight and bulk seen in this class — similar attempts by competitors have produced bright and portable LEDs, but at the cost of putting a behemoth on your head with a loud whizzing fan
- 5 levels of crisp, clean, daylight quality illumination up to 60,000 LUX from a single battery charge — Competitive lights only offer 3
- Using the same LiON battery as the Integra/Luxtec Portable LED, Daymark design efficiency gets 5 hours of maximum illumination as compared to only 3
- Its surgical quality optic provides a fully adjustable, crisp 1-to-4-inch spot that carries intensity and consistent color almost to the edge where most LEDs decay in intensity and color temperature way before the edge — We have yet to see an LED without some color differentiation at the edge
- A 2-button On/Off intensity control/battery holster combo unit, with a very robust connection – from optic to battery – seems to have the robustness to hold up to rigorous use
- The fan required for such an intense LED is actually efficient and QUIET! Unlike competitive models
- A retrofit kit transforms BFW’s AtoN™ fiber optic headlight into this outstanding portable LED system so if you already own their new fiberoptic headlight you can transform it into this LED portable
Here’s the Specs (source www.bfwinc.com)
- 15,000-to-60,000 LUX
- Adjustable Iris (1”- 4” @ 16”/40cm Working Distance)
- Optic Weight: 5 oz.
- 2 Button Control in Battery Holster: On/Off
- Battery Weight: 8 oz. (230 g.)
- Battery Life: > 300 Charges
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion
- Battery Capacity: 45Wh, 3.1Ah
- Output Voltage: 14.4V
- >80 CRI (Color Rendering Index); 5,500° K Color Temperature
- 1-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Tested and Certified to IEC 60601-1, IEC 60601-1, AAMI/ANSI ES60601-1, CSA C22.2 NO 60601-1:08, CE
- Level 1: 15,000 LUX/25 hours
- Level 2: 30,000 LUX/12 hours
- Level 3: 40,000 LUX/ 9 hours
- Level 4: 50,000 LUX/ 7 hours
- Level 5: 60,000 LUX/ 5 hours
*LUX measured at 16″ from the eye of the user to the field, optic fully opened – a true brightness measurement
By: T. Koota
There Are Benefits For Using LED Lighting For Both Ambient and Procedural Lighting in Many Types Of Professional Facility.
In many facilities roughly 40% of building operation costs in hospitals, professional medical and industrial organization are lighting related. Using high efficiency LED lighting for both ambient and procedural lighting is a sure way of drastically cutting down these costs. LED headlights are not only energy efficient, but they are also very low on maintenance costs.
surgery - Pixabay CC0
8 Reasons To Love New LED Medical Headlights:
- It is safer than traditional light with the lowest temperature optic.
- Green performance, less pollution, no mercury or tungsten and reduced CO2 emissions by 80% compared to traditional light sources.
- Dramatically outlasts traditional bulbs: up to 45,000 hours of use in some cases with a minimum of maintenance.
- It does not generate heat causing discomfort to the Physician, Low temperature optics conduct cool illumination, with about 80% of the energy consumed is converted into light, unlike incandescent bulb, which convert the majority of light into heat.
- Energy savings. Each lamp can reduce your energy consume up to 85% per use compared to traditional bulbs, savings that can add up quickly when applied to an entire facility.
- LED lamps are far more durable, and thus more reliable than traditional Medical Lighting. They are resists extreme temperatures, higher humidity, and vibration better than incandescent bulbs, Xenon and other lighting options in the medical field.
- LED Medical Headlights are much more resistant to damage from power cycling. You can turn your LED Headlight on and off many more times that traditional medical lights without damaging performance or significantly shortening the life of the light.
- Reproduces colors with great fidelity, with a color index of 80 out of 100. It also has different shades of light, from cold wavelengths to warm wavelengths to fit all kinds of environments. LED lights can maintain an exact color temperature more constantly for a the useful life of the lamp instead of providing light on a steady decline like traditional medical lighting.
"dentist wearing loupes" Pixabay CC0
A Medical Grade LED Headlight Can Be A Dentist’s Best Tool.
One of the most notable applications of headlights is within the field of dentistry. LED headlights are used during oral surgery to follow dental devices as they are being removed or installed. Headlights are best used to illuminate the deepest areas of the mouth. The doctor can adjust the angle of radiation and brightness to ensure that the operating area can be shown clearly. If necessary, users could adapt to any magnifying loupes in the headlight for a clear, vertical image, producing broad and luminous three-dimensional vision. This allows the surgeon to view a single, complete stereoscopic scene during the medical procedure to improve the effectiveness and speed of the operation.
"surgery" commons.wikimedia CC0
Application Of Medical Grade LED Headlights Extend Through The Medical Field and Beyond.
Medical headlights are recognized as a necessity by the medical community. The current iteration of surgical LED headlights are widely used in precision inspection, observation or operation in various medical services such as general surgery, otolaryngology, dentistry, orthopedics, gynecology, proctology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, ambulatory, cosmetics, surgical procedures, home visits, and first aid in the field. Of course, this headlight can also be used in micro-application, industrial inspection, printing, jewelry testing, welding, precision machining, and other special industries and scientific experiments. The high grade illumination of a Medical Headlight is an essential tool everywhere precision and quality visual inspection are required.